Friday 3 December 2010

France For All

I'm a bit of a dreamer, I admit it, I don't think it makes me a bad person.....!! One of my dreams - long held - is to move permanantly to France. I have lived there on and off in the past and truly love it. I have even started a website for similarly inclined dreamers - www.franceforall.co.uk which is primarly aimed at those who are hoping to visit or move permanantly to the South of France to the region known as Provence/Alpes/Cote D'Azur.

There are useful articles, hints and tips on places to visit, how to make decisions on where to go, a photography gallery, and pages for advertising your holiday property, holiday ideas and so much more, so why not pay us a visit and let us know your thoughts...?

Today, as I sit here freezing despite the fire burning gas at a heroic rate, my mind keeps involuntarily wandering over the Channel and down just about as far south as you can go in France.....it's probably a little chilly there now too, it might be a little deserted and barren in parts but I would love to be cosying up for Christmas in front of a fire made from logs collected whilst on a fabulous walk in the hills, eating wholesome meals ensconced in the warmth of the local auberge, maybe a little trip up into the Alps for a spot of skiing, going to see Santa on the quay in St Tropez, drinking mulled wine and eating crepes at the Christmas markets and enjoying it all the more because I know the cold will be relatively short-lived, and soon the sun will be warm enough to eat outside again. Meanwhile, back here in a frozen Britain things are less certain weather wise. The only thing we can be sure of , is that nothing is certain!
As I prepare for Christmas - 13 for Christmas dinner this year and I still have to decorate the living room, paint the kitchen/diner/hall and downstairs loo, arrange for blinds to be made for the living room, get all my presents bought and wrapped/ do the day job and generally wear myself to a frazzle - my Cote D'Azur dreams will keep me warm....

No comments:

Post a Comment